Hi everyone! The Fall Favorite Things Blog Tour is back! Next up on the tour is Wendy Darling:Vol. 2: Seas by Colleen Oakes. Since this is the second book in Colleen’s Wendy Darling series, I wanted to make sure I didn’t include any spoilers in this post. So instead I have included some reasons for you to pick up this series and celebrate the release of book two!Seas (Wendy Darling, #2) by Colleen Oakes
Published by Sparkpress on September 20th 2016
From the author of Queen of Hearts comes the much anticipated sequel to Wendy Darling.
Wendy Darling: Seas finds Wendy and Michael aboard the dreaded Sudden Night, a dangerous behemoth sailed by the infamous Captain Hook and his blood-thirsty crew. In this exotic world of mermaids, spies and pirate-feuds, Wendy finds herself struggling to keep her family above the waves. Hunted by the twisted boy who once stole her heart and struggling to survive in the whimsical Neverland sea, returning home to London now seems like a distant dream - and the betrayals have just begun.
Will Wendy find shelter with Peter's greatest enemy, or is she a pawn in a much darker game, one that could forever alter not only her family's future, but also the soul of Neverland itself?
I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
5 Reasons to Read Wendy Darling: Vol. 2
- Dark fairy tale retellings are PERFECT for this time of year. Nothing says fall more than a dark fairy tale retelling to me. I love to grab a cup of tea and curl up with a blanket and a creepy fall read. And the Wendy Darling series is definitely dark. Which leads us to our next point…
- The original Peter Pan story is SUPER dark. It is not the Disney story that we are all used to. There is a full grown man (Captain Hook) trying to kill Peter Pan, who is a child! Also, in the original story, Peter Pan kills any of the Lost Boys who seem to be growing up. There is a lot of darkness that can be found in the tale of Peter Pan, and Colleen Oakes was not afraid to jump right in to that side of the story….
- Colleen Oakes creates fantastic dark retellings. Seriously, Colleen is great at reimagining fairy tales that we know and love and giving them a dark and creepy twist. You will not be disappointed in this series. Colleen also gives the Peter Pan tale another twist as well….
- Wendy Darling is the real hero of the story. And Colleen has given us a whole series to honor her. Honestly, where would Peter and the Lost Boys have been without her? They needed a voice of reason to help them. They never would have survived without Wendy’s help. Wendy has always been a real hero in this story and it’s time for her to get her own recognition.
- We all still secretly wish we could go to Neverland. Don’t deny it. We all have that child in us that wishes they could find a way to stop growing up. 🙂
Purchase links for Wendy Darling: Vol. 2!
Meet the Author!
Colleen Oakes is the author of books for both teens and adults, including the Elly in Bloom Series, the Queen of Hearts Saga (Harper Collins 2016), and the Wendy Darling Saga. She lives in North Denver with her husband and son and surrounds herself with the most lovely family and friends imaginable. When not writing or plotting new books, Oakes can be found swimming, traveling or totally immersing herself in nerdy pop culture. She currently at work on another fantasy series and a stand-alone YA novel. Visit her on Twitter @ColleenBlooms.
When you join the Fall Favorite Things Blog Tour…..
…..blame it on the books.