It has been quite a long time since I have really been around on this blog. I have kept it up and running, but it hasn’t been very exciting around here for a few months now. I have had a lot going on in my life in 2017 and it has interfered greatly with my reading and my desire to blog. (I have been posting every week over at Cornerfolds, so you can always find me there.) I really want to change things in 2018. I need to be honest with myself and not expect a huge change, but I want to try to be more present on here.
So here are some very small (and hopefully attainable) reading and blogging goals for 2018:
- Don’t be afraid to pick up large books.
- Don’t worry about putting a book aside if it’s not enjoyable.
- Read more adult books.
- Read more sci-fi.
- Keep more detailed statistics about what I’m reading.
- Read some Victoria Schwab. (This is way more specific than my other goals, but I have been hoarding all of her books and it’s ridiculous that I haven’t read any yet.)
- Stay on top of cross-posting and organizing reviews.
- Catch up on a backlog of overdue posts.
- Try to write reviews (or at least detailed notes) right after finishing a book.
That’s about it! I’m keeping my goals small this year, but I think it’s just what I need to make me feel like I can accomplish something in 2018. What are your goals for the year?
It’s good to be back! Have a wonderful 2018!
When a new year brings a clean slate…..
…..blame it on the books.