Hey everyone! It feels like forever since I’ve done a wrap up here. This month I am going to try something a little different. My wrap ups normally include mini reviews of all the books that I read during the month, but since I plan on reviewing just about every book I read in April (except Harry Potter), I don’t really need to summarize them here for you all. So I’m going to fill you in on what I read and talk about some other blog related things!
What I read:
- The Island by S. Usher Evans (review already up!): 4/5 stars
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera (review coming soon!): 5/5 stars
- Sweep: Volume 2 by Cate Tiernan: 4/5 stars
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye: (review coming very soon!) 2.5/5 stars
- The Imitation Game: Alan Turing Decoded by Jim Ottaviani: (review coming soon!) 3/5 stars
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows: 4/5 stars
- Down with the Shine by Kate Karyus Quinn (review already up!): 3.5/5 stars
- Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes (review coming soon!): 3/5 stars
- A Tyranny of Petticoats, ed. Jessica Spotswood (review coming soon!): 2.5/5 stars
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling: 5/5 stars
A blog update:
If you’ve been following me at all on Twitter or the blog lately, you will know that I was in a giant reading and blogging slump that started in February. I got myself out of my reading slump and read 10 books in April (yay!), but I still stayed deep in the blogging slump throughout the month. BUT, this weekend I packed my bag and I set myself up at Barnes and Noble and I forced myself to sit down and write. (I had literally written ‘write some blog posts, dammit!’ on my to-do list.) Oh my gosh, it felt so good! I busted out a couple reviews, updated some pages on the blog, and made a bit of a plan for the coming weeks! It’s going to take me a little while to get caught up again, but man, it feels good to have a plan. I’m really hoping I can get a lot written during the month of May, because I have a ton of travel coming up, and I need to have a lot of posts scheduled by the time June rolls around.
That’s right! This month I finally planned my trip to ALA in Orlando in June! I started making a wishlist and getting myself organized so I am ready to conquer the conference! I’m so excited for all the books and panels, but what I’m most excited about is that I AM GOING TO MEET EMILY FROM EMILY READS EVERYTHING IN REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!! (Can you tell I’m excited to meet her?) I’m also pretty sure that the gorgeous (gingerbread) Gee from A Book and a Cup of Coffee and the lovely Lillie from Little Lillie Reads will be there too and I’M SO EXCITED!!!!!!
How was your April? Link me to you wrap ups so I can see what you were up to!
When you are FINALLY out of your slump…..
…..blame it on the books.